Why PFI Tirumala ?
High quality billets are reinforced to form Tirumala TMT Steel bars at our state of the art, fully automated plant using the latest European technology under the close supervision of our world-class metallurgists & engineers. Tirumala steel is produced in various grades and sections to cater to needs of infrastructure & construction industry. Every single steel bar of Tirumala is committed to supreme quality and everlasting strength.
Technology – We have the latest technology from Germany in our plant to make these Steel bars. At our facility we use the most sophisticated machinery available to mankind to manufacture the highest of quality material. From the Notch cutting CNCs to total PLC control, from where the billet leaves the furnace and when it is Sheared and Packed by Electronically controlled Bundle making machines.
Raw Material – As you know Sulphur & Phosphorus are two such impurities, which determine the quality of the Steel Rebars and its long-term life, we use only the finest and the most metallurgically controlled Steel Billet to make Tirumala Steel bars.
The TMT Technology ‘Tempcore’ we use is special, Tirumala Rebars are ‘Hot Rolled’ from steel billets and subjected to PLC controlled On-line Thermo-Mechanical Treatment in three Successive Stages
- Quenching – the hot rolled bar leaving the final mill stand is rapidly quenched by a special water spray system. This hardens the surface of the bar to a depth optimized for each section through formation of martensitic rim white while the core remains hot and austenitic.
- Self-Tempering – when the bars leaves the Quenching box, the core remains hot as compared to the surface, allowing heat to flow from the core to the surface, causing tempering of the outer martensitic layer into a structure called ‘Tempered Martensite.’ The core whereas is still austenitic.
- Atmospheric Cooling – This takes place on the cooling bed where the austenitic core is transformed into a ductile ferrite-pearlite structure. Thus the final structure consists of a n optimum combination of a strong outer layer (Tempered Martensite) with a ductile core (Ferrite-Pearlite). This gives Tirumala TMT Steel Rebars its Unique mix of High Ductility and even Higher Strength.
Tirumala Fe500 is made in Fe 500 IS: 1786 Grade. However, its carbon levels are maintained at lower levels then the ISI Specifications, which results in its Outstanding Ductility, excellent bendability, superior corrosion resistance and higher weld-ability. We maintain The Sulphur & Phosphorous to low levels to sustain the purity in our steel.
|Chemical Properties||Unit||IS: 1786 Fe 500||Tirumala Fe 500|
|Carbon||%||0.300 max||0.250 max|
|Carbon Equivalent (C + Mn/6)||%||0.420 max||0.400 max|
|Sulphur||%||0.055 max||0.050 max|
|Phosphorus||%||0.055 max||0.050 max|
|S and P||%||0.075 max||0.065 max|
Tirumala observes a very stringent quality control system that starts from raw material purchasing and extends to After Sales Service provided by our professionals. The Quality Vigilance regimen we employ is to ensure that our customers get nothing but the very best in terms of quality and durability. State- of-the-art computerized and mechanical Quality Control Equipment is employed to check the mechanical properties, chemical properties, and appearance of the finished product.
TIRUMALA TMT BARS ARE MANUFACTURED USING
- The latest Quenching and TMT process Technology.
- Slit rolling technology.
- Fully Automated Cooling bed for Uniform Quality and Straight Bars.
- Automated Bending & Bundling System.
- Bars Rolled in Modern Housing Stands for Uniform Size.
- Workshop with latest CNC Turning, CNC Notching & Branding Machines.
SUPERIOR QUALITIES OF TIRUMALA TMT
- Superior bend properties and high bonding strength.
- Finer grain structure with perfect gauge and roundness.
- Better mechanical properties and chemical properties.
- Excellent corrosion resistance and high fatigue resistance.
- Good weldability and formability.
- Earth quake and fire resistance.
- Cost effective.
Why Tirumala TMT ReBars are better than other Steel bars.
|Features||Local Plants||Main Plants||PFI Tirumala TMT ReBars|
|Strength||Inconsistent 500 Grade||High ( Grade Fe 500)||High (Grade Fe 500 is Minimum)|
|Weldability||Weak||Better & More Strength||Better & More Strength|
|Formability||Non – Standard||Excellent Due to uniform elongation||Excellent Due to uniform elongation|
|Technology||Thermex/ Others||Tempcore (CRM, Belgium)||Tempcore (CRM, Belgium)|
|Ductility and Fatigue Strength||Non – Standard||High||High; Most Appropriate for Coastal and Earthquake Prone Areas|
|Corrosion Resistance||Very Low||High||High|
|Ribs||Manual & Inconsistent||CNC Notched & Uniform||CNC Notched & Uniform|
|Savings||Nil||No Saving Due to higher prices||10-15% Compared to Every other Option|
|Availablity||Irregular||2-3 days||Same Day|
|Price||Very Cheap Due to lack of standard.||Very High Price for same product||Much lower than Main Plants for Same Quality|